Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another shot of the bluebird.


Can you tell that I'm enamored with these bluebirds? Remember if you click on the picture, it'll get bigger and you'll see the bird better. (I hope that works; sometimes it won't get bigger when I've done too much editing on the picture.) These are birds we're watching right out our window, so it's really cool.

Next week we are moving into Branson, so we'll have a different setting. I hope it's warm enough that we can walk around and see some great scenery. It's a condo that we like for many reasons, so we'll be counting the things we like rather than lamenting over what we're missing. We'll be within walking distance of the Tanger Mall, so we'll probably check it out really well.

I just heard the TV say we might get SNOW this weekend? (eyes rolling) I think that's a trap to get us to watch the weather show tonight. I'm not believing it. We may see some, but I don't expect it's going to be anything like what we already have seen this winter! I'm convinced spring is around the corner! I thank God for four seasons, but I'm done with winter.

I'm done with the puzzle, too. Tomorrow I'll post a picture of the finished puzzle!

4 comments:

  1. Years ago there was a country singer, Marvin Rainwater that sang a song that says "Gonna find me a bluebird, let him sing me a song, cause my heart's been broken much too long." That is all I remember of it but every time I see a blue bird I think of that song. They are beautiful birds. Karen and I love cardinals they are also beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the birds also. Have 2 feeders and bird bath in back yard. Bu the way, thank Don for all the pictures he takes of you for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HB, I don't know that song, but I've always loved birds. Cardinals never cease to amaze and mesmerize me. I'm so glad God gave us not just one or two but many, many of them! Our God sure deals in abundance, doesn't he!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conan, the picture taking, alone, is quite a comedy! Being the photographer is so NOT Don's comfort zone. I have to coach him through it every time. So, we always take 3 pictures. That gives me one for him to get of me questioning if he has it set right or if it's on, etc; one for me to close my eyes right when the camera clicks and, I hope for one that will work! Often by the time we get to the third one he has me tickled, so usually the last one is the best one to post. We have fun doing it. Thanks for appreciating it. Back when I was going through chemo it seemed important to let people see that I was really okay. Then it was pretty interesting as my hair came back curly! I'm thinking that it's pretty boring, now, but it seems disappointing to make a post with no picture! I love it when the grandkids are around and I can post pictures of them! Don isn't crazy about me posting pictures of him, but he's getting so slim, now that I'm going to have to post some from time to time just to brag on him. He weighed 200.5 this morning! I think that's about 35 pounds he's lost. He looks great to me, but Dr. Oz says his waist should be half his height; Don says he's just too short, but he's working to get that waistline down to 36.5. I'm afraid the wind will topple him if he gets any skinnier!

    ReplyDelete