Friday, March 11, 2011

Dogwood Canyon Day.


We went today to Dogwood Canyon, which is 2200 acres of back woods south of Branson and going into northern Arkansas. It's a bunch of land that Johnny Morris, the owner of the Bass Pro Shops bought some years back and is preserving for wildlife and adventure. We took a tram ride through it (took a couple of hours) today. On it is this really nice chapel where they hold lots of weddings. That's my honey, there in the picture as well as the handle bar on the tram to the right. Behind the chapel is a beautiful creek. It was a beautiful day and we really enjoyed our tour. My batteries on the camera ran down on me in the first half of the trip, so I didn't get many pictures! I missed the best part! They had a pasture area where they have buffalo, elk, deer and longhorn that they feed right beside the tram! It was so awesome and I didn't get pictures. The really bad thing is that I had extra batteries in the car, but I wasn't in the car! Ugh! Such is life. But, we DID get to see all that! I thank God for opportunities like this. We did get a few pictures and I'll share those with you over time.

We are pretty much packed and ready to move for the last time, tomorrow. We are blessed to have all our belongings. Imagine the folks in Japan who have all their stuff broken from the earthquake or washed away by the tsunami. Imagine the ones who have lost loved ones. We are so blessed with more blessings than we can count! I pray for those hurting people!

No comments:

Post a Comment