Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, David!


Is this a terrific group or what? Cousins. Deanna is on the left and her brother, David is on the right. Today is David's birthday. David and Deanna are my sister, Ruthie's grown children. Nest to Deanna is John, our brother's youngest son. Then our Gretta is in the middle and our Tricia is between Gretta and David. What a fun group and we are so proud of all of them! This picture was taken last June at my mom's family reunion in Lebanon (near Nashville), Tennessee. We'll do that reunion again this June, Lord willing, and the go on to spend a week in Gatlinburg. Woo hoo! We sure thank God for happy times to get the family together for fun.

I've spent today loading as much as I could to the car. It's kind of fun to reorganize things and the anticipation of spring break with Trish and her kids is fun! We do spring break every year with her family, here in Branson. I already have some Chex made for that week's snacks and I have cookies I saved for the kids from our week at Big Cedar. Plus I have some cookies for us to decorate that I found at the Cracker Barrel. Tricia's oldest, Nate, will be working, so he can't come. Gabe may be working, too, so the big kids grow up and away from us. It's life and it's good, but we have to adjust and cherish the memories.

The condo where we'll be next week doesn't have a fitness room, so I'll be taking the week off. I took this week off, too, because I have hurt my hip and I want to give it some time off until I can get home and see what the chiropractor suggests. I figure better safe than sorry, but I sure hate to miss my walking. Don has gone right on walking and he will go to another condo to keep up his work out next week. I'll get plenty of activity when the kids get here.

It is pouring down rain, here. I think it'll be great to sleep with this sound. I'm glad I got a lot loaded today before the rain started. We just have a few (ha!) things to load in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment