Monday, March 21, 2011

Nearly done.


This picture is one Don took on our balcony at the Surrey last week. Notice how the trees behind me are just beginning to bud out. It was really cool to be there and watch things beginning to bloom. The fountain and creek behind me ran all the time. I liked it.

Yesterday we noticed the carpet was all wet around the commode in our bathroom. Ugh. Thank God, the wonderful plumber was able to come and pull the commode and replace the seal today. It was a bad time for me to have to walk down to the next block (that's how far it feels to go to the other bathrooms in this house) because I'm hobbling around like Chester on Gunsmoke! I was so thrilled to be able to get it fixed today.

I also went to the chiropractor today and he has hopes for fixing me. It's a shame I always get all stove up when we're gone for long. I was working hard at staying in shape, but I still needed the good doctor when I get home. I've had trouble with my sacroiliac joint before, but this is the worst it's been. I hope we can work through this and I'll be walking right, again, soon. However, for now, I'm glad to be able to walk at all!

I got the kitchen put back like it belongs, today. I still have my suitcase to finish unpacking and hoped to get it done today, but didn't. I'll get it done tomorrow. Then I'll start getting the house clean. It hasn't seen a dust rag in months, so I'm going to break it out and put it to work. It will be fun to get re-acquainted with all my clutter. It's great to be home and I thank God for a safe and happy trip!

3 comments:

  1. I swear woman..I don't know how you can look so young and vibrant..but you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dana, you are so good for me! Your check is in the mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your back is better today.

    ReplyDelete