Monday, March 28, 2011

Still dreaming of escaping, however home is sweet!

This picture was taken on July 4th on the Big Island at Waikaloa, I think. Tom and Linda Rose were with us and it is a precious memory to recall. (Linda, remember little Nathaniel who took up so with Tom? That was so cool!) It's cold here! It was 41 when we went to the grocery store this morning! So, I'm wearing layers and dreaming of that nice balmy warm July in Hawaii! My computer is still way limping along, so I don't have current pictures to post and I'm enjoying going back down memory Lane to find some that may have already been posted. I've ordered another set of recovery discs to pull my laptop out of the grave. It had recovery discs built into it, but they tell me they are corrupt. What's up with that? All I know is I'm throwing more money at it. It's only $24.95, but that's $24.95 I could pay to MD Anderson, who want an arm and a leg. That's how life goes and I asked for life, so I give thanks. God wants me to be nice even when my computer is broken and my hip hurts, so I'm working on it. sometimes I do well with it. I haven't thrown anything today. Alyssa is coming to spend the night and tomorrow. I'll shift in to grammy mode, and surely I will be nice to her. She is a precious little girl, so she makes it really easy to be nice. We're going to color and work puzzles and read books. Surely I can handle that! God will help me! I think she is a practice session for me. I've rescheduled our card party for this Friday. I'm thinking I'm getting a handle on this painful hip and limping computer. (That's my prayer!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jo do I ever remember that evening! It is a GREAT memory, perfect temp, wonderful friends, and little Nathaniel! Remember how Tom talked to him about politics and economics!!! What a hoot, and that precious child. Wonder what he is like today? Wish we were all four sitting on the ground there again NOW! Enjoyed this picture. Maybe one day we can do it again, but hopefully the show will be much better :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, it'll take some show to outdo the show we had with Nathaniel and Tom. What a treasure! Yes, let's do it, again, only lets go during whale season! Dreaming is fun and living the dream is even better, so let's really do it!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete