Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sunshine!


Tonight's picture is one I took of Raynie, Sadie, and Gracie when we were in Branson last week. Sadie was such a sweetheart to help the girls decorate cookies. They are sunshine to me no matter what the weather is!

Today was beautiful here, so I was able to collect some sunshine outdoors. I've done the power plate and I'm headed to jiggle. I also did some chores around the house, so my hip is begging for relief. The plumber was so kind to come and fix the commode yesterday, but he wore his work boots on my white carpet and left horrible big dirty spots. So here I was shampooing carpet today. Just what I needed. I really love that guy, but this is the second time I've had to shampoo the carpet after he left. The next time he comes he's going to have to leave his shoes at the door.

If I begin to count my blessings I get bogged down with the abundance. God is so great and generous and I want to always see that instead of the dirty carpet. Dirty carpet sure becomes big and it and it's partners sure work to bring me down. I refuse to go because I'm alive and thank God for it. I don't expect He gave me another chance at life so I could be ugly and bring Him shame. I hope I can clean the carpet, meaning all the ugly things in my life, and give Him glory. Thanks for caring and reading. I hope you can clean the 'carpet' in your life and give God the glory, too.

2 comments:

  1. Jo, you are doing a real good job "prioritizing", but I'm reminded of a power outage we had in the middle of cooking supper one night last week, and as I grumbled Phil reminded me "we don't have power, those folks in Japan don't have a house!" A real good reminder for me as to what really matters. Of course lots of people in Japan lost their lives too! So we can live with dirty spots on our white carpet, huh! Love U! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruthie, you are so right. Everything is relative and we are so blessed! Love you, MJ

    ReplyDelete