Saturday, April 23, 2011

Arrived in Houston!

This is the picture Don got today when we were having lunch with Terri. Terri is my baby sister, because we like it that way. She always wanted a big sister and I always wanted a baby sister. We went to the same school in Japan, but at different times. We never knew each other until we met at a reunion in Orlando about 12 or 15 years ago. Then when I volunteered to plan our reunion in Branson she and her mom helped tremendously! They did the decorations and helped me do everything once we got there. Her mom was everyone's Mom and she treated me so special. We went down (She lived in Texas) to help her move into a retirement home and then another time to help her move into a bigger place. She introduced me to the staff as her other daughter. So, Terri is my baby sister because we want it to be that way. Anyway, it was great to get to see her for lunch today!

We made it fine the rest of the way to Doris and Jerry's house and we've had a good visit. I spent the first 2 hours getting online and finally gave up on the tech help. Jerry got me online by plugging in the Ethernet cord. It's working, so I'm happy.

I thank God for our safe trip and wonderful family, blood and acquired! God blesses us so richly. We celebrate at Easter, especially, but He is always giving us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment