Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy birthday, Tom!

Tonight's picture is two of our great friends; Linda and Tom Rose. Today is Tom's birthday, so I think he's older than me for a few months. Tom and Linda met us in Hawaii for a couple of trips (This picture was made on the last one.) and Tom surprised us with a visit here last spring. They also met us in Branson one time. I think it was about a year and a half ago that we went to visit them in Tennessee. I graduated with both of them, so we go back a long ways and they're so special.

Today is also our anniversary. We celebrate our anniversary every day, so we didn't make a big deal of it. Don kept asking if I wanted to go out to eat, etc. YIKES! We'll have to eat out next week when we go to Hannah's wedding, so there will be plenty of eating out to do. We can call that celebrating if he wants. I just call it eating. Eating out is not so good for us because they just don't fix things like we like it. I've gotten so picky, I guess. No sugar, no caffeine, etc. It's just easier to eat at home. I give thanks every day, though, to be able to spend my life with someone who thinks I'm good even with parts missing and others limping!

Speaking of limping. The wireless adapter came for the old laptop today. I finally got it to working with the help of some English speaking people from SBC! Then I downloaded AVAST! to protect us from viruses and it shut down. It starts up, but immediately shuts down. If it's too old to handle a virus protector then it's just too old. I guess I'll limp along with this computer and not have one of my own until the other one comes back home. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment