Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The pact.



Colter is all boy and can rip and tear with the best of them, but he is also as gentle as any almost 4 year old can be. He really loves Ava and he dearly loves to lean his head against hers. He's always liked to feel his mommy's hair (or anyone else's!), but he loved me even when I had no hair! He's just that kind of kid. But, it's so sweet when he leans on Ava's head. Ava loves it, too. She can be just about to wrinkle up that face and whimper, but when he leans into her she gets a look of peace on her face. I couldn't resist leaning in and joining in on whatever pact it was that we made. I think it was that, no matter what, we're all hanging as one. I'm not sure what the words are, but I know what the spirit is. It's precious to me.


Today has been cold in Oklahoma, for spring. it's 53 out there right now. My irises are standing firm in spite of cold and nearly no rain. God is so good to give me tough flowers! There aren't as many out there as usual, but there are a few standing together in a 'no matter what, we're strong' pact. I've been a weenie and didn't get much done today. Cold hinders me because I have to carry around a warm buddy all the time, so that means I only have one hand for working. We're playing cards here Friday night, so I've got to get with the program tomorrow and make the house presentable. How's that for procrastination? That's my next best talent, next to sleeping (procrastinating).

No comments:

Post a Comment