Friday, April 22, 2011

Spoke too soon.


I did get the blog done on this computer last night, but then it crashed! There was nothing I could do on it. It was running, but I couldn't even shut it down. This morning it was the same, so I stripped it and restored it. That means I lost the pics I downloaded off the camera last night, so I'm glad I got that one on the blog last night.

Tonight's picture is a clump of irises and Don's best cherry tree. There are lots of cherries on there, so I hope they produce and he can beat the birds to them. If you click on the picture, it might show all the cherries. The irises are kind of scrappy this year because we've had such a drought. They smell so good when I'm laying out on the deck to collect sun!

We leave in the morning for Houston and my MD Anderson check up. I wanted to get this computer working so I could use it while we're in Houston, so cross your fingers with me. I can use Doris and Jerry's if this one won't work, so I'll still post, but I like to use my own if I can; it helps to get to save my pics on my computer since I don't have a card in my camera. I can take a precious few and then have to download them to make space for more. On the way we'll meet our good friend, Terri (my self proclaimed baby sister), for lunch. She's about 30 miles from the interstate, so it works to meet her for lunch. We're excited to see her!

I thank God for the patience (maybe it's a hard head?) to deal with these computer issues. I need to communicate with folks and this is the best way for me. What a blessing to be alive and well 3 years after chemo, surgery and radiation and 4 years after diagnosis. Just think, 3 years ago, I was just finishing and coming home from radiation treatments. My hair was beginning to return, but it wasn't long enough to show that it was curly; what an interesting 3 years it has been!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for a safe trip for you and a good report from MD Anderson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, HB! The trip here was great. It was wonderful to visit our friend, Terri, for lunch. The report will be good at MD Anderson; I just know it. :) I'll post as soon as possible to let folks know on Tuesday afternoon. My appointment is not until Tuesday. We just visit until then. We were down here so long with my surgery and radiation that it has become sort of like home. We enjoy these return trips and the check up is just an excuse to come down here.

    ReplyDelete