Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A couple of beautiful granddaughters, inside and out!.




This is the picture of Jessie I promised the day before yesterday. This is Jessie on the left and Erica on the right. This was a day of broken hearts because it was the day after Don's death and we were gathering at Davy's house for our family's private session. Erica is in college in Stillwater, but she came home (She's Davy's daughter.) to be with us. Jessie is in college in Claremore, but she came to be with us, too. Her sister, Janelle, came that day, also but I didn't get her in any pictures that day. Anyway, these two are always so happy to see each other, so even on a tough day they have big smiles. I thank God for granddaughters who are so beautiful inside and out; I'm so richly blessed.

Today I managed to trim some branches of the trees in the driveway that were dragging on the van when I passed them. It feels good to accomplish something. I sang at the nursing home this morning, but that turned into a fiasco. After we were through singing one of my precious friends asked me, "How's Don?" I lost it. I just wasn't expecting that; I told her I couldn't talk and to ask one of the others, and I rushed out to the car for a big cry. I guess that's as bad as it gets and I can't seem to stop it from happening. I don't think the answer is to hole up in the house. She is a good friend; she used to play cards with us. She's sharp; she just didn't know about Don's death. I assumed that she knew because she manages to keep up with things pretty well. Saturday when I went to the shower, a lady, who had been away on vacation, came up and asked if Don and I were still walking. I managed that one, okay, but she almost flipped when I told her. Later I overheard a daughter asking her mom, "Is Daddy home?" It wasn't even directed at me, but it got to me. I managed to make it until I got the van before I lost it over that one.

I'm leaning so heavily on the scripture that says, "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted." Mostly I do pretty well, but sometimes I get caught off guard and it's all over. I'm going to bed early tonight; I say that every night, but I'm going to do it tonight. I think I need rest; I've been up late most nights and I think the rest will help me to be better braced for whatever comes with the next day. I thank God for awesome blessings and the promise of comfort. Wow; that's a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment