Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy birthday, Gina!


This is Gina, our oldest daughter, listening to Donna, our niece, telling her story. Donna is Don's brother's daughter, who was named after Don. Gina lives in Scottsburg, Indiana and she is the mother to Kyle, Elise and Ethan, three of our grandchildren. Gina is much like her Daddy, in her lo0ks and her personality. She looks so much like Don's mom and a lot like his sister, Doris. She has the wisdom that Don's mother had. She's a powerful woman, though especially sensitive and kind. It's no wonder that her daughter Elise is probably the most compassionate person I know; she learned it from her mom. I hope your birthday was happy, Gina!

Today has been busy. I've gotten a lot done around here, but there is so much more to do! It's hard to take over everything Don did, as well as do what I need to do. This widow journey is not an easy one, but I look around and see lots of widows, so I can get the hang of it, I guess.

Last night I predicted that I'd post a picture of Diana and Jo Ann from our lunch Monday, but I'll post that tomorrow. I wanted to post Gina's picture tonight since I'm celebrating her today, especially. I thank God for wonderful kids and grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment