Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy birthday, Janelle and Jessie!



Pictured today are Janelle and Jessie, sisters who are turning 21 and 19 today! These girls grew up in Las Vegas and I'm so happy to have them back in Oklahoma! It's wonderful to get to see them more. Janelle is in Norman, so that's within 2 hours of me. Jessie is playing ball for Rogers State University in Claremore, so I'm hoping to get to go see some of her games this year. They're beautiful girls and I'm so proud of them for their internal beauty as well as their good looks.

Today has been a better day. I got some things accomplished. Some of the Internet is working. My email receives, but it won't send. So, I thought I had better get this blog posted while I can. I've got to throw herbs tonight, so I guess I'll do that in front of the TV and watch Dancing with the Stars. I've only watched a part of it one time this season. It's hard to get into it because it's a thing I always watched with Don. I'm down to two days of herbs and vitamins, though, so I'd better get with that business.

I have to share this. I always listen to Joel Osteen on Sunday mornings. This Sunday he said we should ask God to give us a sign when we really are counting on Him to do something for us. He said it will encourage us to know that the answer is coming to our prayer, maybe not immediately, but it's coming. So, last night I asked God to send me a sign that He would direct me in the way that He wants me to go. I had lost the checkbook and searched the house and van for it to no avail. So, I asked God to lead me to the checkbook and that would be my sign that He will lead me in the direction I need to go. I usually fall right to sleep, but asking for that led me to think of all the places that checkbook might be. I had taken it with me to pay for having plugs put into the van over a week ago, so I thought I might have stuck it into the glove box with the receipt. I got right out of bed and went to FIND it right there in the glove box! It's my sign. I knew that God would direct me, but it gives me a tangible thing I can touch and be reminded that He will take care of me. I'm sure that's a great thing because the checkbook represents a big stress zone for me, but now it's a comfort and encouragement to me. Thank you, Joel, and thanks to our wonderful Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment