Sunday, October 2, 2011

Two precious ladies!


I got this picture of Dorothy and her little sister, Ada, today! Ada and her husband just g0t here today and they plan to stay 3 days with Dorothy. Dorothy and Ada are so close and have so much fun, so this will be really good for both of them. I'm so pleased to see Dorothy smiling so big!

I took her to church this morning and then she went straight home because she was expecting Ada and Spike to come any minute. I went back out on my way to church tonight and got this picture.

Trish called tonight and she's bringing the kids out here for fall break, so I'm all excited about that, too. She and Rob are going to take a little trip and I get to have all the kids. The weather will be awesome and I'm excited to have them for a week. Woo hoo! I'm not sure when fall break is, but it's sometime toward the end of this month. This is going to be a great month. My girlfriends are coming the 15th and then the kids will come after that, sometime. This next weekend Trish may come with Gabe and Garrett so we can go hiking in the refuge. My 'dance card' is getting full!

My good friend, Pamela, reminded me that God expects us to mourn or He wouldn't have put in the beatitudes (Matt. 5:10), "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Duh, I should have thought of that. I've been thinking I was being selfish to be so self centered about losing Don. Thanks, Pamela! I needed the reminder that I will even be blessed and comforted; mourning is the right thing to do. Wow; we have an awesome God!

Our granddaughter, Jessie, wrote this on Facebook tonight:
"There are things we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and things we can't live without but just have to let go!"
This is her freshman year in college and I don't know if that's original with her or if she copied it, but it's registered with her and I think it is very wise; tough, but true. I'll post a picture of Jessie tomorrow night on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment