Thursday, December 1, 2011

Back to school?


Well, hardly. They haven't called me to sub, yet, but I did get a call to train to work at the polls for elections. We had training today and I enjoyed that. I think I'll really enjoy working the elections. Trouble is there are 3 events I will miss while I'm gone to Branson, but she said she'd get a sub for me if I'd take the appointment. Sure! I think it will be fun.

So, I spent the afternoon training. I also got spring break scheduled in Branson. So, some things are falling into place. I feel sure I accomplished something else this morning, but I can't remember what it was.

In my spare time (???) I'm reading a book that Ruthie sent to me. It's wonderful! It's "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23," by W. Phillip Keller. I am amazed at it. I always loved the 23rd Psalm, but this book puts it so much better into perspective. I read a little as I sit down to eat or just to relax and encourage me when I get stressed or way down into the dumps. This book is wonderful, as is my sister! She bought me my own copy so I can write in the margins and underline and highlight. I'm rough on books, but I'm so thrilled to have this one! I thank God for two awesome sisters who are holding my hand through the roughest time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment