Sunday, December 4, 2011

A busy week ahead.

Today has been interesting. A friend from church took me to a play in town , in which several kids we knew had parts. It was fun to watch them perform and they did great jobs. We had to go up a bunch of stairs to watch, though, and that was tough.

It's amazing how fast Sundays can get away from me. I did much better in church today and tonight than last week. Last Sunday I was right on the verge of tears the whole time. Today was better. This grief thing seems to sort of cycle and it is closely related to fatigue, so I do my best to stay rested. I loose track of time and forget things like sleeping and eating. Don used to keep me posted about when we needed to eat or sleep, so I fall off the wagon sometimes without his lead. I know I need to do better at all that and I'm going to watch for Don to give me clues about them like I believe he did about the Santas last night.

This will be a busy week form me. The church is doing a holiday meal for the whole town (all who will join us) this Saturday. I've signed up for prep on Thursday night and for prep, serving and clean up on Saturday. Also, we have a visiting preacher and his wife coming on Friday for the weekend, and they're going to stay here at the house. I love that! I will be busy, but busy is good for me. I thank God that I am able to help and that I have room for company. I've got food in the freezer, so it won't be a problem to feed company. I'm not out to impress anyone, just make them feel at home.

Everyone have a great week. Enjoy the season the best you can. God bless.

3 comments:

  1. It's something how our grief is following the same path. I noticed that mine was related to fatigue also, well it is always there but harder to handle when tired. My stablizing force is also gone, Ed wasn't too good in the meal department the last few years but he seemed to keep me grounded. I am fighting all the time to try to maintain "normal" hours. Jo, I know it's hard to believe but when they say time helps it is the truth. I think the grief will always be with us and we will have our sad times but I can already tell a difference in myself from this summer. There are longer periods between the sobbing (actually I don't hardly have them anymore)THANK GOD! The tears still come sometimes unexpectly but i can handle that better. I was talking to Josh and Krystal tonight and we all agreed we wish December would just disappear this year. Just too many special occasions for us in this month. Krystal doesn't ever want to have a birthday again because it's our anniversary. For us once December passes there won't be very many special days left in this year since Ed died. Keep the faith and remember each day that passes we are healed just a wee bit more.
    Luv u
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Forgot to tell you, your picture is very pretty today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sissy, thank you so much for your compliment and also your encouraging words. Yes, I'm beginning to think that the grief will always be there, but that I will toughen; maybe the rawness that I feel will scab and heal; that sounds gross, but it is pretty gross. I sure hope you will go to Branson with me. We can work puzzles no matter what the hour! Most of all we can enjoy togetherness right close at hand and not over the miles. Thanks, again, for holding my hand through this! Love you!

    ReplyDelete