Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Couldn't find THAT dress!


I know that dress is here, somewhere, but I could not find it this morning. I did find this one, though, and it was Mom's, so it will have to do. I did my best to get into Mamasan mode; put on the pearls that Daddy gave me and her dress. I do think my face is shaped like hers. I took a couple with my mouth closed but my teeth are too big to close my mouth! When I close my mouth I don't look like Mom, I look like a horse! So skip the mouth. I think if she were here and would let me make up her eyes we'd look more alike. I can't get my makeup off because it's permanent and I would never take a picture without it, anyway . . . maybe if I had some of those pointy glasses I could hide behind them. Anyway, this is the end of the look alike saga. If I run across that other dress, maybe I'll do it, again. Ruthie, do you remember this dress? I still love it. I loved that other one, so I know it's here, somewhere. Tommy probably remembers these dresses; goodness, they are old!

Today they called me and finally had my other van fixed! Now, I hope to be able to sell it, but I won't be here to sell it, so probably won't get that done until spring. At least it is repaired. A friend is driving it for a few days while her son has hers. He wrecked his truck and is waiting on the insurance to pay him to get another one. My van has been sitting in the shop for nearly 9 months, so it won't hurt anything for her to drive it for a few days. I'm so glad for it to be used and running good!

I cut Dorothy's hair today, so I hope she can make it until I get home after spring break. When i get home from Houston, I can give her a quick trim before I leave, again. I sure wish she'd go with me, but she says she won't.

Oops! It's time to go sing at the nursing home. I almost forgot. I love those folks and I thank God that they seem to need me, too. It's nice to be needed. God bless!

3 comments:

  1. I use to say it is great to feel needed; but not so great to feel needed but not wanted. I believe those dear folks need and want you, so congratulations. That is a great ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HB, those folks are the best! Last night was a real treat that I wasn't expecting. Usually, we just go and sing hymns and there might be as few as 3 of us, and up to 8. Last night the youth group and their parents and some grandparents joined us and we sang Christmas carols! I loved it and so did the residents. I hope we can recruit some of those folks to join us more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HB, when Don's dad was in the nursing home I knew a lot of the folks really well, but many of them couldn't even remember who they were, themselves. Some of them couldn't even talk, but they loved it when people came to sing with them. Even the ones who couldn't talk were able to sing along because it was so ingrained in their minds and hearts. I guess all their lives when times were tough, if not always, they'd go to church. Singing these hymns brought them to a connection with our God and it was a blessing for me, as well as for them. I really love this ministry.

    ReplyDelete