Thursday, December 22, 2011

My buddy.



This is a picture I took this morning with one of my rice buddies warming my left shoulder. I talk about my buddies and this is one of the smaller ones that I carry around with me most of the time. I sleep with 6 bigger ones; three down each side of me; they keep me toasty warm and I hardly move all night. Nice, comfortable sleep!

Today turned out to be busy. I took care of a lot of loose ends. I even got the new sim card for my phone and got it ready to use. See, I lost MY phone, so I'm transferring my number to Don's old phone. So, anyone who has Don's cell phone number will find it no longer exists. I'll be using his phone with my cell phone number. One of these days my phone will appear, wherever I left it, no doubt. If you've left me a message in the last couple of weeks, I didn't get it!

Dorothy called me this evening to come out and have dinner with her. A mutual friend had brought her some stew and she wanted to share it with me. So, I took out the makings for a sugar free pie that we both like and we made the pie for desert. We'll finish it Christmas day. We're going to share Christmas together; we're having beans and cornbread and fried potatoes; maybe pizza for supper. Tonight I read a third of the book, A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23, to her. We'll finish it on Christmas day. It's a special Psalm to both of us and my sister sent me this awesome book that makes the 23rd Psalm even more meaningful. I love sharing it with Dorothy! God is great to give us so much to help us through this tough time!

No comments:

Post a Comment