Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Peeking around the poinsettia and the Santas.

I'm so enjoying this poinsettia and these Santas! Thanks to the Nessers, Mike and Don. It's a boost to see them every day. I'll have to move them to the living room tomorrow. I have them on the bar right by the sink, but I think they'll look nice in the living room and I've got company coming this weekend. I'll need the space on the bar, I think and they'll really look better in the living room. I'll decide, but I've sure enjoyed them right by the sink, so I may leave them.

Today I forgot to go sing at the nursing home. Drat; I'm sure I missed it more than they missed me, but I hate to miss something I really enjoy. I was just pulling together loose ends around here, but I totally lost track of even what day it was. I thought it was Wednesday! If I hadn't talked to Dorothy I'd probably have gone to church to an empty building. I sure need a keeper. Don was great to keep me on track. I hope I don't miss anything real important. I thank God for the years we shared and for the good care he took of me. Now, it's all up to God, but He knows what He's doing.

This cold spell is getting me in the mood to go on that cruise. I know why we liked to leave in the winter, now. This weather is making it all really clear to me! I'm glad I've got company coming this weekend. That will make this weekend interesting and warmer with the warmth of people. I will turn the heat up in the house, so it'll be warmer in here, too. When it's just me here, I hang tight with my buddies and keep the house really cool. (This is a lot of house to heat for just one little person. I'm experimenting to see how much I can save by turning the heat down.) I'm usually busy and layered up, so I keep pretty warm unless the buddies get cold on me.

So much for which to be thankful! I'm counting as I go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment