Sunday, December 25, 2011

Thanks, Ruthie.


Dorothy and I did the best we could to make this an ordinary day. We got through it. I intended to fix her supper and take her home, but she was ready to go with no supper. I read to her until my voice gave out on me, so we have more to read next weekend. That will work. We had an aunt who was a favorite; she had no kids of her own, so she was wonderful to all of us cousins. Aunt Mae was wonderful to everyone! One time she told me, "There's nothing harder than taking an old lady across the street who doesn't want to go." I thought of that today when Dorothy wanted to go home and I wanted to fix her dinner; I think of that when I want her to go to Branson with me and she doesn't want to go. Bless her heart; she is a sweetheart, but if she wants to go home, the kindest thing I can do is take her home! We enjoyed lunch and then several chapters of "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23;" then she had a nap and I took her home. It's just the best we could do with this Christmas.



God blessed us with wonderful husbands and we miss them terribly. Sometimes we just need to be alone, I guess. I get way plenty of alone, but I appreciate the quiet and I treasure the memories. I'm blessed with many precious memories and life.



I talked to Ruthie twice today and she reminded me that God knew me before I was born and He delivered me packed with all I will need for my whole life. This is the day that the Lord has made I I will rejoice in it. I thank God for my sisters; I need their inspiration!


4 comments:

  1. I've thought about you today. Your dependence on God is such a good example. Your comments remind all of us that God lifts us up and keeps us going. I'm glad you have so many uplifting friends and sweet family members. It was such a pleasure to actually get to meet Ruthie. I'm glad she is on the mend. I'm so looking forward to you coming this way soon! Love you, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Aunt Mae quote made me laugh. I remember her well and she was so funny so that is a typical quote for her. Glad you made it through the day....I knew you would handle it was grace the way you handle everything! Love you. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doris, I'm really looking forward to seeing you all. God has been so good to me and He definitely keeps me going. He shows up in wonderful people and on the pages of the Bible. I'm amazed and I will always trust Him; I could not make it without Him. Heather has been one of His amazing ministers for me; she has an incredible capacity for compassion and understanding and she has been a tremendous blessing to me. You, too! Thanks so much for hanging with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Pamela, Aunt Mae was a hoot and a treasure. I'm so glad that you remember her well! She gave me some good life training and lots of wonderful times and precious memories. Thank you for believing in me; I'm afraid I might not be so graceful, sometimes, but I'm doing the best I can. I'd like so much to do like Ruthie said and rejoice and be glad in it, but I struggle a lot. Maybe it will make me stronger; that's my hope. Nobody said this would be easy, so maybe it's working like it is supposed to work. I love you for caring!

    ReplyDelete