Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thanks, Trish, for standing in for me!

My Internet connection was down for the last 7 hours! I gave up and figured they would take all night to get it fixed and called Trish and asked her to post the explanation for me. It was so quiet all afternoon. I was just headed to take a bath, when I heard the 'Ping' that tells me I have mail! It sure feels better to be connected! Thanks, Trish, for posting the explanation for me.

I wanted to post this picture of my mom tonight because I said last night that I think I look like her in the pictures I took Sunday. Now, I look at this picture and I really don't see any features that I have like her! Well, maybe the eye color? Anyway, I think it must be my demeanor in the Sunday pictures. I've got that striped dress of hers and I think I can get into it, now, so I think I'll put it on and take a picture from that angle. How silly, but I think I'll do it tomorrow. I looked back at my pictures and I wear lots more eye makeup than she ever did and I don't have any of those pointy glasses. I think maybe it's the rectangle face. For years my face was so round, so it didn't feel like I looked like her. Now, I've lost some of that fat and maybe so. When this picture was made she was about 4 or 5 years older than I am. Pardon me for reminiscing, but it's fun and I need all the fun I can find today. I thank God for the most wonderful mother, ever! I still miss her, too.

Today has been a gloomy day I don't mean weather-wise, but it was that, too. I'm grateful that we didn't have the snow that northwest Oklahoma had! I wasn't on the computer, so I tackled a bunch of paperwork. That's so hard for me. I see Don's handwriting and it's such a reminder. I see evidence of trips we made together and all my treatments. We did everything together and that's how life is supposed to be. I guess someone has to be left, but it's so gloomy to anticipate anything in the future without Don to share it. God, please help me!

5 comments:

  1. Must not have been a real good day for her...notice the little left eye? Bless her heart; yes, I miss her sooooo much too! Can't wait to see you in that dress!! I'm so glad you still have it! Mom lives on.....

    Love U!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Hope I can find it. Yes, I noticed that little eye. She always called that our Hodge eye, but looks like the Foxy lady had one, too! No wonder we have it; we got it from both sides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I think you look so much like your mother, same shape of face, eyes, nose is same shape. Is Trish and family coming to Hobart for Christmas? Hang in there honey. Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops! ARE Trish and family ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Linda, you are a hoot. We're not taking grades on here! Trish and the kids are coming the 28th, I think. Dorothy and I are going to spend Christmas day together and leave our families to partying. We are both in a pretty sober mood, so we're going to give thanks for Jesus like we do every day and pretend it's an ordinary day. I think I'd be a real wreck without her! She's telling folks that it's a time of year when folks should be happy, so she doesn't want to be around them since she really can't join in the happiness; I have to agree with her. The saying, "Misery loves company," turns out to be so true. We're so glad to have each other and happy to not have to worry about bringing down the rest of the folks.

    ReplyDelete