Saturday, February 18, 2012

I thank God for His care.



This is a picture of my bedroom here.  I sleep here alone because it's God's plan; I pray that He will forgive my whining about missing Don, and I do thank Him for His awesome care.  (Don't you wonder why they didn't center that picture over the bed?  It makes me want to hang a long stem rose or a long ribbon or something long to the right of that picture to balance it.  OCD!  I have to entertain myself with these little unimportant things to get past the elephant in the room.)

The following I quote from the weekly newsletter sent by the church in Hawaii:

"Me (in a tizzy) : God, can I ask you something?
GOD: Sure.
Me: Promise you won't get mad?
GOD: I promise.
Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?
GOD: What do you mean?
Me: Well I woke up late,
GOD: Yes
Me: My car took forever to start,
GOD: Okay....
Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait
GOD: Hmmmm..
Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call
GOD: All right
Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager
and relax, but it wouldn't work.
Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?
GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the
other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.
Me (humbled): Oh...
GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you
if you were on the road.
Me (ashamed): ............
GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what
they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.
Me (embarrassed): Oh.....
GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness
about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered
Me (softly): I see, God.
GOD: Oh, and that foot massager, it had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your
house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.
Me: I'm sorry God.
GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me ...in all things, the good and the bad.
Me: IWILL trust you, God.
GOD: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan.
Me: I won't, God. And let me just tell you, God, thank you for everything today.
GOD: You're welcome, child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my
children.

Possible references: II Sam. 22:31, Prov. 3:5, Heb. 2:13."

8 comments:

  1. Oops! I'm afraid if I was there we would have to move the bed or something!! I have the same OCD about crooked things and thought it was because I'm a Scorpio! But it must be part of that strain running through the family we both have!! It definitely is one of those little unimportant things; as Don always said "don't sweat the small stuff".(I know...easier said than done, but you and God can handle this!) Love and Hugs! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet the picture was centered but someone moved the bed a little...hee, hee. Room looks cozy!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Donna! Another friend wrote and suggested that in my email. Tomorrow, I'll see it the bed can be moved. Silly, huh? I do this everywhere I go! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Ruthie and Jo....have y'all found yourselves straightening pictures on business walls???? I found myself doing that the other day and thought "What the heck do you think you're doing!" I re-arrange movable furniture in hotel rooms also.

    Loved the quote.

    Hugs
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sissy! Absolutely. If I go out to eat and a picture in view is crooked I have to either mover or straighten it. Don used to just shake his head! Sometimes I had to ask HIM to do it because I couldn't reach it; bless his heart, he was such a trooper! Sissy, I'm so sorry you couldn't come when Ruthie and Phil were here; we could have given Phil some good head shaking times! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sissy, Ruthie sent this to my email:

    "I don't know how to answer her, but you can tell her I'm guilty of that! I was sitting in dentist chair, and they were talking to me about something, and I said "I don't know, but you have to straighten that picture on the wall!" It was driving me crazy and HAD TO BE FIXED!! If I can get to something crooked, I'll sure fix it whether it's mine or not! CrrrrrAZ\Y!!!" I moved the bed side table last night, getting ready to move the bed and realized the headboard is BOLTED to the wall, just like the picture is. Some 'really good worker' did his job even though the worker whose job it was to measure was out sick, I guess. I don't have any excuse for quality control not catching it. It's the only thing wrong with this place. I just don't look when I go in there. I may hang up something beside it, but I haven't figured out just what, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looked at picture again and noticed the lamp shade is crooked...did you take care of that? Lots of headboards are bolted down in the condos...I guess so people won't steal them or move them around so pictures will be centered...lol!
    Enjoy, Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep; I took care of that lamp shade, Donna! It was easy! Those bolted down headboards are out of my league, though! :)

    ReplyDelete