Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Okay, I DID it!  I walked over at the lake today.  I cried the whole way, but I probably needed a good cry.  I didn't cry all the way back.  I was so pleased that I had done it.  It was a good outing in the beautiful outdoors.  I loved getting outside in the sunshine!  It was way better than walking with Tread (Mill).   I wore my knee bands for the first time today in two weeks.  I felt like I needed them since I didn't have Tread to  hold onto.  The sticks helped to steady me, for sure!  I had quit wearing the bands because I think I was wearing them too tight and that was what caused my ankles to swell.  (Thanks, Judy, for that suggestion; I think you were right!)   I'll just wear them when I'm going to be up on my feet for a long time.  Judging by the time I was walking and the distances marked on the trails, I think I walked about 3 miles.  Don would have been proud of me.

Walking was a good opportunity for me to count my blessings.  They are so obvious out there!  I thank God that I can walk!  I thank God that there is a good place to walk.  I saw a guy on the trail carrying oxygen with him and I was reminded that I could breath deep and easily, and I thanked God!  God gave me precious memories of times walking with Don!  I thank God for the memories and the mind to recall them!

I got stuck posting the taxes this morning.  The program froze on me, so I had to stop and send an email for help.  I guess I'll hear from them tomorrow.  I've done all I can do.  My numbers are ready.  I just have to get it all posted and they'll do the calculations.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go girl!! I KNEW you could do it!! I'm convinced you will get stronger every day! That's my nightly prayer for you.

    Love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! I love you
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ruthie and Terri. It was a good experience; difficult, but good. Maybe getting through things like that will help me to get stronger. Hopefully, not just odor! Doesn't that sound like something Don would say? :) Love you both! Thanks for hanging in here with me and thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete