Saturday, February 11, 2012

Struggling; it's the best I could do today.

I walked my two miles.  I refrained from the pool, because it was cold.  I did some time in the hot tub with the jets working on my trigger point, so my hip and leg are doing very well.  I thank God that my hip and leg are doing well!

After that the day went downhill.  My NEW computer crashed and I had to call HP tech support to get it going, again.  Some barely English speaking woman tried to coach me through taking the battery out of the computer and the button that's supposed to slide to release it wouldn't budge.  It's a good thing I didn't have a hammer.  Then she asked me to spell my email address and I folded.  I've been folding all day.  Every road I take takes me to Don, but he's not here!  I finally got the computer going after 3 hours.  I thought, "Okay, I'll do the blog and my journal and then I'll take a bath and go to bed.  This day is over and tomorrow will be a new day."  I thought I should eat something right quick, so I went to get a spoon to eat some peanut butter (quick protein) and folded, again.  Don and I used to celebrate our anniversary with a spoon of peanut butter because when we went on our honeymoon we ate one meal a day and had one spoon and a jar of peanut butter that we shared for the other meals because we were so broke.  Since then we enjoyed a spoon of peanut butter nearly every day.  I'm eating peanut butter that Don bought to be sure we always had plenty.  (Sob.)

My hair has been a source of agony over the last few days.  I don't have my 3 way mirror, so I've pretty much butchered it.  So, my common stress reliever is to cut my hair.  Don used to think that was funny.  When I was upset about something, he'd say, "Have you cut your hair, yet, today?  That ought to help."  God bless him; I cut it today.  I've got to quit or I'll be like a bird who picks his own feathers:  bald!  I didn't want it this short, but it is.  It will grow.  It's only hair.  It's the least of my losses.

Trust me, this is the short version of all that's on my mind tonight.  I'm going to close and thank you for bearing with me.  I am so not good by myself.  Thank you for hanging tough with me.  I know there are folks out there with lots bigger problems and I thank God for all my blessings.  Today I just couldn't hold it together very well; I'll do better tomorrow.  This picture is the best I could do.  I took about 30 and the camera wouldn't give me access to the last 10.  What's up with that?  Beats me, but none of those pictures were any better.  My hair is tucked over my ears; it's not as short as it looks; I saved some to cut another day.  Ha!  Now, the spell checker won't work on the blogger.  I hope this is fairly correct.  Don used to always correct me when I made mistakes.  I'm sure you see a lot more these days.  The spell checker even lets some through when it's working; when it's not working I'm on my own and that's a danger zone.  God is with me, so I'll be okay.  Even He rested on the 7th day, so I know He has sanctioned rest and I'm going to go get some with His blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment