Friday, April 27, 2012

Whew! A week at school!

Friday is red shirt day for me, so here I was ready to go off to school. It was a good day, but I'm glad this week is over. It's time to clean house and start the cycle all over, again. I think it's time to get the t-shirt (flannel type) sheets off the bed, too. I think there will be no more cold nights for a while.

When I get the house all clean I'll go out and cut some larkspur and yarrow to bring inside. They'll make a mess, but I'll enjoy them. I thank God for bits of nature I can bring inside to enjoy. This weekend I'd like to get some exercise, too, but my exercise may consist of driving the vacuum cleaner and mop. That takes me a while and the weekend is only so long. We'll see.

The teachers and kids are counting down the days of school left and it's 19. I probably won't get to teach all those days, so I'll be grateful for the ones I get to teach. There are several openings for teachers, and I'm considering applying for a full time position instead of subbing. The pay is lots better than subbing. It will rob me of my freedom, but it will provide income for a while. I'm able to teach now and I won't always be able. I've been praying about it and I'm leaving it up to God. I'm doing my research to see what I have to do to get hired. If it's too hairy, I'll take that as God's message that He doesn't want me to teach full time. If it all falls into place, I'll take that as His nudge in the direction of teaching. The kids have hooked me; if I don't teach full time, I'll sub, for sure; I can't resist them.



No comments:

Post a Comment