Wednesday, May 9, 2012

At Steve and Mary's house.

Yeehaw!  I'm on my way!  I left right after school today.  I stopped to see a friend in the nursing home on the way, but she was gone with her daughter, so I missed her.  I left a note and some pictures for her, and maybe I'll catch her on my way home if I have enough daylight.  I came on and visited with Trish and the kids who were home, so that was a good visit.  I have my camera buried somewhere in my belongings, so I didn't get pics, yet.  I can't get my computer online, here, so I'm using Mary's desktop.  She provided this picture that was taken of us when they took me for my checkup at MD Anderson in January.  We are great 'playmates,' so I have really been looking forward to this trip.

We wandered around out in their great yard when I got here and it was fun to explore the pond, and all the flowers.  We found several caterpillars on some of their flowers, so it was kind of like hunting Easter eggs for old folks.  That's the kind of thing we enjoy.  I'm looking forward to tomorrows drive toward Tennessee.

I had a good day at school today.  I had 6th graders all day except for one class of 7th graders.  The kids are really great and I thank God for them and the opportunity to work with them.  I really thank God for this opportunity to get away, too, though!  It's good to count my blessings.  I'll keep in touch as we travel.  Thanks for caring and keeping up with me.  Ruthie, here we come!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment