Monday, May 28, 2012

Busy day.

Sue had a fit that I was taking this picture, but it's a treasured memory when she and Vereal come by for a visit.  Sue goes to church with me, now.  Vereal used to live here and we were all friends.   Vereal has moved to Biloxi, Mississippi and he comes back to visit every now and then.  I thank God for good friends like them in my life!  I'm sorry the picture is not more clear, but it's a keepsake of a precious memory.

Garrett and I figured out that he's going to be here 2 weeks instead of the one week that we both thought!  So, I went to the grocery store today and got a bunch of food in hopes I can fill up his empty leg.  :)  His favorite is my chocolate chip pie, so I made a couple today.  He likes hash browns, so a made a bunch of those.  Joan brought over some fresh squash so I made a bunch of squash for me (he won't eat it).  We had beans and cornbread out of the freezer for supper, so we're not hurting here!

So today has been a cooking day.  We also watched some TV tonight.  He likes America's Got Talent.  Earlier today we watched Undercover Boss which I had taped.  It's been a fun day and he is lighting up my life!

2 comments:

  1. So good to get a glimpse of Sue....is she not the source of our favorite pie recipe?? I so understand about not wanting pics made, but what a treasure for you to have! So happy for you and your friends (AND GARRETT!)to spend time with you! Love you and tell Sue hello for me! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS! Her grandson is getting married on June 2, so this is such a super busy time for her. I really appreciate them taking time to stop by and visit a spell. I'm blessed with wonderful people in my life! Sue will be pleased that you send your hello; she loves it that we are so ape over that pie! Love you!

    ReplyDelete