Saturday, May 5, 2012

Got it!

I got the picture of our card players today.  It was the first time this group has played since David and Don died and we were all able to play with a straight face and even lots of laughs.  In the picture from the left is my dear friend, Dorothy, who you see on here a lot.  These are all dear friends, though.  Next is Jo Ann, who is my breast cancer sister.  They say 1 in 8 women will have breast cancer; well, 2 out of this group did!  Next is my good friend, Joan, who looks after the house, the mail, and the yard when I'm gone.  We were celebrating her birthday today.  Joan and I played Jo Ann and Dorothy and we both won one game each; we'll have to play again before too long; it was sure fun.

We played this morning at 9 and then we went to lunch at the Mexican Restaurant.  After lunch they all went home and I got a little while in the sun.  It was way too hot, though: 103, and I didn't have my kiddie pool out, so I was out there for less than an hour.  After I cooled down I went back out and tackled the iris greens in the back flower bed.  I won, because there are now 80 pounds of greens in the dumpster.  Soon I will tackle the ones out front; maybe tomorrow night after church if it cools down enough.  Man, 103 is HOT!  I thank God for the irises, though, and for the ability to work in the flower beds.  I sure thank Him for friends and good times to share!  (Joan and I met in the yard.  We used to live across the street from her and she and I worked in out yards constantly.  I got about half my irises from her.  All the ones with color besides purple and white, I got from her!)

No comments:

Post a Comment