Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hind sight is 20-20?

I've been rejoicing all day that I'm moving around and not so sore from yesterday's hike!  But about 20 minutes ago a little spot on my ankle started feeling an awfully lot like poison ivy.  I was on the lookout all day for it, but I may have missed it!  Ugh.  I hate it when I get poison ivy.  If it turns out to be poison ivy, I'm so going to know that I shouldn't have gone on that hike; or I should have worn long pants!  I hate long pants when it's hot, though . . . but poison ivy is worse than long pants!

The rest of the good stuff about yesterday, though!  We saw 3 lizards; one was gorgeous turquoise and the other two were brown.  We saw 3 tarantulas crossing the road.  We saw lots of gorgeous wildflowers and butterflies.  One deer jumped out in front of us, but we managed not to hit her.  We saw all the regular buffalo, long horns and prairie dogs.  The tarantulas were pretty cool; we got pictures of them.  It was a great day for God's handiwork!

Oh, check out this picture.  This hike is on the opposite side of my favorite hike, which is to the 40-foot hole.  That slab over my left shoulder  is  the top of  the 40-foot hole, where we often see people repelling .  I do well to just climb the paths up there. From now on, I will go on the other side; it's shorter!  I thank God for the ability to make yesterday's hike and to get to see this wonderful place out here in the middle of the prairies and flat lands!

2 comments:

  1. Tarantulas are cool??? The little toads I saw while weeding flowers were cool but not tarantulas! You sure have some great wild life though...sounds like out west! So glad you and Garrett are having fun. You look great and must be in really good shape for the shape you are in...LOL!

    Loe ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, tarantulas are cool when they are crossing the road and I'm in the car. We got close enough to get pictures, while we were STILL IN THE CAR! It is out west and it is great wild life; I love it! We have toads, too, but I don't see them so much. I made a toad house for a toad in my flower box, but he's never moved into it. So much for interrupting the natural. I guess he build his own house somewhere and left my cracked flower pot to just look like a wreck in the flower box. Hope Hank is gaining strength every day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete