Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday has been restful.

Today has been a restful day.  I forgot to take pictures today when Dorothy was here with Garrett and I for lunch, but we'll get more chances.  We are a great team.  Garrett said, "She's so sweet," when we took her home.  When we got there this morning, she grabbed him and said, "You've been here too long without me seeing you til now!"  (I just got him here Thursday1)  It's great that we all get along and have a good time together!  I thank God for fun times with treasured people and treasured people to build new memories.

Last night Garrett and I were playing cribbage with a cribbage board I'd gotten at a yard sale.  The pegs wouldn't stay in the holes, so I decided it need to be re-drilled.  Well, Garrett drilled holes until both drills went dead.  I charged the drills and I finished them after the drills re-charged.  I broke the drill bit, but managed to finish with half a bit.  He'll never let me live that one down; "How does anyone break a bit?"  I've broken 3 bits; I guess I'm an unhandy rigger, rather than a handy man.  Today I have a blister on my thumb from all that drilling.  I paid a quarter for that cribbage board, but, even at what they pay me to sub, I figure it's worth about $40, now after the hours I've spent on it.  Besides that Garrett and I worked on it and played on it, so it has become  another treasure.  I don't find many people who know how to play cribbage, so it's fun when I get to play.  It brings back memories of playing with my mom over the years, not to mention some other treasured friends, like Mike Buchanan!  Ah, a good game it is!

We had planned to go to the refuge tomorrow, but we've backed off and decided to go Wednesday, instead.  We figure there will be more people there tomorrow because of the holiday.  Tuesday, I think Meers (the restaurant where we want to go) is closed, so we'll go Wednesday.  I'd better check the weather, though.  Anyway, we'll go soon.  Maybe tomorrow we'll walk around the park.  I found more weeds I need to hoe in the back flower bed today.  Weeds!  A never ending challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment