Friday, July 27, 2012

Fun day.

This is Brandon and Angela and their daughter, Chloe.  Brandon's great uncle was buried yesterday and I was so thrilled to see him.  Don was also his great uncle, on his mom's side.  This guy was the youngest of all the cousins of our kids generation, I think.  Anyway, when we all gathered here at this house for Thanksgiving he was the youngest and a precious little kid.  Now, look at him!  I know my kids are going to be so pleased to see this picture of Brandon, Angela and Chloe.

Today Lee and I toured the Quartz Mountain Lodge and the little hikes around there.  Then we rushed back to the house and cleaned up to go to Clinton and have dinner and a wonderful visit with some good friends of his.  He had built their home 7 years ago and it was a gorgeous home.  We went out to a restaurant where I had never been, but it was a real event!  It's the White Dog Hill; what an experience!  The food was delicious and the atmosphere and company were just wonderful.  It was a really fun day.

I thank God for great times with family and friends.  I'm surely blessed and I give thanks and praise.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you get to see so many family members. You mentioned that Brandon was the youngest in his generation - actually that would be our Ava. Gregg and Brent are in the same generation because there was such an age difference between Janet and I. It makes it hard to keep straight. I'm having more fun sorting thru old pictures of family reunions that I think I'll include in the family directory. So glad you are active and happy - Love you, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, literally, Ava is the youngest in that generation. But for that bunch of kids who played together at Thanksgiving, Brandon was the youngest. It was so much fun to see so many folks. I sure wish we could have a family get together, but it's so hard to get everyone to be still at the same time and place! I'm sure glad you're working on a family directory! By all means please include some pics!

    I am doing well and I have YOU to thank. Match.com turned up Lee for me and he has been a good 'distraction.' His picture was in the picture with Zelma and Brent and Junior at the funeral.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the pics I have are from 70's to 90's at thanksgiving, 50th anniversary or funerals so there are few of our kids generation since digital cameras came into use and mother and daddy died. But it is so fun to see and remember. Now I'm figuring how to best copy and arrange and include as many people as possible. I've got most of the info and need to make copies to send.

    It sounds like Lee enjoys the same things you do and I'm so glad you've found each other - can you imagine waiting for someone to introduce you? I just didn't want to see you being lonely when you've got so much fun, love and life in you. Does he live in Hobart or nearby?
    Love you, Doris

    ReplyDelete