Saturday, July 7, 2012

In process . . .

Oh, man!  Wait until you see the finished look without the trees!  (I'll post that pic tomorrow;.)  It's a little bare, but not nearly so scary!  Do you see Rene on the ladder?  Man, he's a great guy!  I'm so proud of the job he did and I sure appreciate it.

Alyssa's mom and dad were next door (borrowing the parsonage) doing their yard sale nearly all day.  I went over and bought a couple of things that I did NOT need, but could not resist.  I could have bought more if I could have stood the heat longer, so I guess the heat saved me from collecting more 'stuff.'

Rene got some good tool bargains before he started on my trees, I think.  Then he worked on finishing up the trees until after 1.  I had company come around 10 and then we toured around Hobart and Roosevelt (a neighboring town, where my friend had come to check on a tombstone he had had placed at his mom, dad and brother's graves.)  It was a good day for me to see some areas around here with which I really was not familiar and make some more connections.  Everybody around here is related somehow and the longer I live here the more connections I get.

It's been a very relaxing day.  I'm sure my company saved my life.  If he hadn't been here I would have gone out and done something with the weeds that are overtaking my flower beds.  I won't do that tomorrow because I don't want to ruin my makeup and have to do it over for church tomorrow night.  So, I'll work on taking care of the mail.  I sorted out all the trash last night, but there are some things that need attention and I'll do that tomorrow.  Then, Monday I'll attack the weeds; they really have got to go, heat or no heat.  I won't lay in the sun; I'll work in the sun.  I thank God for a day of rest today and good company to help me enjoy it..

No comments:

Post a Comment