Wednesday, July 11, 2012

May not impress you.

This may not impress you, but I'm the only person I've got to impress around here, anymore, and I'm impressed!  That grass did grow up to the concrete divider, and came right on into my flower bed.  I started at the fence and was digging it out with a trowel, but I could see that was going to take forever.  So I went with digging it out with a shovel and that took long enough.  Now, this may not look like a big deal to you, but it's a big deal to me.  It feels so good to be done with it!  I'm sure my irises will be happier without those weeks choking them!  I'll get the back yard and the flower bed over in front of the front windows when I get home from Branson .  (Leave Friday for Branson.)

Today I got some bookkeeping done and sort of wished I was out digging in the yard.  My hip and back like the brain work better, though.  I thank God I can get all the jobs done.  He blesses me. Yesterday one of my Neighbors, who helps keep an eye on the house when I'm gone came by and visited a bit while I was out there working.  I love it when she does that.  She's so uplifting.  She told me once before to be bold, and I think of that real often.   I tend to revert back into my 5 year old mousy mode that my folks worked so hard to pull me out of, but I remember her telling me to be bold.  That simple statement has meant so much to me.  I doubt if she realizes it, but she lurks on here, so maybe she'll see this and realize what a difference she's made.  I thank God for Gayle, too.  (My sister might be thinking she'd like to see the mousy mode, again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment