Thursday, July 5, 2012

Miss the music, but home is sweet!

I forgot to take pictures at Tricia's house today.  What a shame, because even Nate was there!  All the kids were there, so it was great to get to see all of them.  I took Garrett to his Dad at his work and then stopped and got me some more night vision glasses and some day vision ones, too.  The ones I had were so scratched and I thought it was a good investment; maybe I can drive better at night.  I won't do much driving at night, but sometimes I get caught out in the dark.  Especially in the winter; I hope these glasses will help me see to get to and from church in the dark.  Just 13 more months to deal with these cataracts!

It was a great trip for visiting, but I am so weary with driving.  Today wasn't so bad because I didn't have any 9 hour stretches of driving.  I'm learning how to better pace myself.  I've got the car all unloaded; now, I have to put away everything.  That can happen tomorrow.  I'm going to get a bath and go to sleep in my own bed.  Ah!  In the morning I'm going to go help Dorothy get her furniture moved back into her house and then we'll go to lunch.  Then I'll come home and put away all my trip things and start cleaning my house.  I'm happy to be home and it'll be good to 'recall' all my things as I dust.  I'll nearly enjoy it.  :)  While I was gone Dorothy had a leak in her house where the AC unit was installed wrong.  The installer has been working for weeks to dry it all out, replace carpet and paint.  It's all done but moving the furniture back into the room and I'll go be eyes for her and tell them where to put it.  I don't think I'll have to work hard.  I need to see her, anyway; I've trimmed my own hair twice since I've been gone, so I know she needs a trim, too!  I hate to be gone from her a month, so we'll have a good visit tomorrow.  I thank God for a wonderful trip with no problems!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip to have the time to stop and see so many people that you love and rarely get to be with! I'm glad you are home safe and sound. Love you, Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS wonderful, but I sure hate that I missed you when you were in the area! Hope your trip was good! Love and miss you!

      Delete
  2. Welcome home!!!!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sissy! Man a lot of chores pile up when I'm gone! I think I need to sell this house and rent some place . . . but this is home! Love you!

    ReplyDelete