Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mommy, pleeeeease?

Gina sent so many fun things for Elena, handed down from Elise, Ethan and Kyle.  I think her favorite might have been the tea set.  It's hard to tell because she has enjoyed all of it so much.  But, this picture is her wringing her hands and begging her mom to pleeeeease let's have a tea party before we go to bed.  No lie, I think we had 30 tea parties yesterday.  After the fever was down, she was raring and ready to play!  The tea set has a special place for each plate, cup, etc., so we set it all up, had tea and cookies and put it all back more times than I could count.  What fun it was!  Gina, I wish you could have been a fly on the wall and seen the joy you all sent to Midway!  The tea set was perfect for a day of gentle play, too.  Of course, the Leap Frog was a great thing for gentle play, too!  She's a busy girl and very blessed!

Garrett and I made it to Joplin today.  We went to Cheddars for dinner and I'm ready to crash  (We ate in the car all day, so we were ready for a treat.).  I thank God for a safe trip. We'll be in OKC around noon tomorrow if all goes well!  Yahoo!  I'll be home before dark and sleep in my own bed.  I can hear it calling me!  I've been blessed with lots of great visiting, but I admit I'm road weary!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for safe travel and no car trouble! And for Garrett to travel with you!! I know you will enjoy your bed. I always feel that way when I am away! Mother still with me. Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Linda! I was so blessed with this trip. Give your sweet mom a gentle hug for me; no, better that you just have Tom give YOU one from me. i'll bet you need a hug even worse than she does and it might hurt her little frail body. God bless you; we have to trust His timing, even when it hurts. I love you!

    ReplyDelete