Friday, July 6, 2012


These two trees are so near dead and I am concerned that a huge wind (we get lots of those) will come and blow them over onto either my house or the parsonage, which is to the left in this picture.  The guy who cuts my grass said he could cut them down for me; my brother-in-law and my sister also said they could cut them down, but there is more to it than cutting them down; it all has to be hauled off to somewhere.  So, today the guy who cuts my grass started on the tree removal.  I should have gotten a true 'before' picture, but he had already started when I  thought to take a picture.  I'll post pictures of the finished look tomorrow, probably.  He has the first one all down and gone.  I'm so glad he is doing it; when my sister and my brother-in-law come I want to visit and not be doing a killing job like cutting down and hauling off trees.  I have enough hard work to do with putting away all the travel paraphernalia, getting rid of the weeds and cleaning house and going through the mail from the past month; I'm glad I don't have to sweat about these trees anymore!

I just ignored all the chores today.  Well, I did unpack and put away a few things.  I also did laundry.  I also changed the sheets in the guest room because Garrett had stayed there before we left.  That room is ready for company, now.  I went to Dorothy's house the first thing this morning and spent the morning visiting with her.  The guys came to put the furniture back into her room where the AC unit had leaked and I helped to direct them where everything went.  Since she can't see it's really hard for her, but it was an easy task for me.  We got her room all in order and she was so pleased.  Then I gave her a good haircut and rolled her hair for her.  Then she took me out to lunch at the Mexican restaurant.  That was a fun morning.  I picked up my mail and then came home and spent an hour and a half napping in the sunshine.  When the water in my little pool started to steam I thought it was time to come inside before i was the cooked goose.  I'm headed to bed early since I was up until 2 last night.  There is always so much to do when I get home, but I don't have any trains to catch, so I'm taking it easy.

I really thank God for Rene Hernandez; he's the guy who cuts my grass and is removing my trees.  I fully intended to cut the grass, but I couldn't begin to start the mowers.  Rene ran an ad on the dial an ad radio show just when I needed him.  He does a great job; he's reasonable; and he's a perfect gentleman.  I really think he is an angel God sent to me, and I sure thank God for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment