Tuesday, July 3, 2012

This is Elena last night, 'before the fall.'  Actually, she didn't fall, but she got up this morning with a blazing fever.  We took her to the Urgent Care and they offered to stick her finger to test for mono.  When Gretta looked at her fingers, thinking of sticking one, she noticed they looked like they were melted!  That was the next clue!  They did the test and it was immediately positive.  We were shocked.  She has responded very well to Acetaminophen; when the fever is gone she feels fine.  It will be tricky to keep her resting, I think!

Garrett and I are leaving in the morning.  I have a room reserved for us on they way and we'll roll into home on the 5th.  It's been wonderful to see everyone, but I am rather road weary.  It's a wonder I don't have mono!  They told us that he was highly contagious 4-6 weeks ago, but once the symptoms present not so much.  I sure hope Gretta doesn't get it!  I thank God that it's nothing worse that she has and that she's the only one of us who has it . . . so far!

4 comments:

  1. Poor little Elena!! Doesn't it take about six weeks to overcome mono? And in the summertime. Thank God for Tylenol. Hope she is much better soon and the high temps stay away. She is such a dollbaby! Prayers, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda; she is such a dolly! And, yes, thank God for Tylenol! She responds very well too it, but she insists she's all better. Gretta is going to have her hands full getting her to rest and not jump and be too rough (protect the spleen). Thanks for your prayers and love! Miss you!

      Delete
  2. Hi MJ - I sure do enjoy checking in on your blog every now and then - Your blog is a blessing to me and helps remind me to keep the faith and thank God everyday for small blessings....or any blessings for that matter ! Hugs to you and May the Force be with you -- ha ! Happy 4th and glad you are back home again. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I'm so glad you check in from time to time and I love it when you post. I'm almost home! Tomorrow I'll sleep in my own bed. It's been wonderful visiting and collecting lots of hugs, but home is sure calling me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete