Monday, July 16, 2012

This picture we got today at a new hike we discovered.  The kids will love this hike; wish they could have come this week, but we'll be back here and this will be a great new hike to take!  It's so nice to have a buddy with me who can take pics for me and who can go hiking with me.  I cold never come here alone because if I fell I'd be in big trouble without someone to go get help.  Maybe the phone would work?  Maybe I can hike alone!  I've got my bottle of water in my pocket; I thank God for bottled water!  I guess in the old days we would take canteens?  Anyway the water sure saves my life when I'm hiking ans sweating like a pig.  I could have never gotten this picture without a helper.  It looks like I'm standing in the water but I was just standing on the edge of this little pool.

Today I walked 3.08 miles and climbed 20 flights of stairs.  My friend who went on the cruise with me introduced me to the fitbit and it tells me exactly how far I've walked and how many flights (or equivalent to) of stairs I've climbed.  It's wonderful to encourage me to keep on chugging.  I had a great detox session today because I was sweating so much.

Then tonight we went to the hospitality party the resort had and had a good dinner and saw lots of Branson entertainers.  Tomorrow night we're going to see Pierce Arrow.  The weather is great and I'm having a great time.  It's nice to be able to share this time.  I'll go back home next week and get to work at home, so this is a nice time for me.  I thank God for nice times, the ability to take the hard times and handle the big jobs, and for good friends and great family.  I'm richly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment