Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tree is GONE!

I'm so pleased with my tree GONE!  I didn't realize how much is was hogging my back yard.  I'm hoping the grass will grow better, now.  In this picture I'm watering my basil, which is doing great.  You can peek into the Florida room and see my kiddie pool draped over a chair.  That kiddie pool keeps me alive when I lay in the sun in this horrible heat we're having.  That and a couple of cooler ice packs in the water.make it a doable thing.

Last night I fixed my camera, so I was really pleased to be able to do that.  I was shopping online to replace it and remembered that I had fond the manual online, so I went there to troubleshoot.  I was staring at the camera to figure out what they were telling me and noticed that it looked crooked, somehow.  So I just pushed where it looked like it needed pushing and it clicked right back into place . . . and WORKED!  So, that's been my latest celebration; getting my favorite camera to work!

Tomorrow is a card and lunch day for 4 of us girls!  Woo hoo!  Joan and I are ready for the yard sale, so 4 of us are going to play cards all day and take a break in the middle to go eat lunch.  I hope I remember to take the camera!  I thank God for precious friends and for the energy to do this yard sale.  Actually, it's an estate sale with garage sale prices.  It will be mostly inside, so we'll have AC.  Another good friend is going to run the sale in the shed to sell all the tools.  He must be another angel!  I sure thank God for him.  He has priced all the 'guy' stuff.  I should get a picture of the sale and all our 'staff,' too.  Joan has already sold Floyd's house and over $4,000 worth of the contents, so she's doing a great job.

School is starting soon, so I'm doing my best to get the blog done early so I can get to bed early and be up and ready in case they call me to sub.  I'm not so good at going to bed before dark, but Don used to tell me it was dark whenever I closed my eyes, so I just have to get everything done early.  I can sleep anytime; it's just a matter of getting everything done.  The summer sure has seemed short!  I think maybe it's a good thing I didn't get a full time position!

No comments:

Post a Comment