Saturday, March 29, 2014

Japanese Magnolia in Full Bloom!

This tree is supposed to have green leaves on it when it blooms, but it has always been confused.  I guess the leaves will come later.  It usually blooms a couple of times a year and it's only supposed to bloom once.  I just love it and appreciate it's confusion because I'm confused a lot, myself!  I thank God for this tree; it's special to me because Don bought it for me when we moved into this house.

Today was a gorgeous day.  It really feels like spring is here.  I love hearing the birds sing and the weather is so beautiful!  Big winds make it not so fun, but it clears the air.

I'm feeling pretty good.  I talked to a lady today about helping me clean the house about once a month.  I think I can keep it up between those times.  She'll start Monday.  I thank God for her, too!

3 comments:

  1. I think your tree is VERY normal MJ. Saucer magnolias are suppose to bloom before the leaves come on. They all do that around here. I love those trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana. I'd never known it as anything but a Japanese magnolia, so I learned more about it today. I'm glad it's happy; it sure makes me happy when it blooms! Love you!

      Delete
  2. I have a HUGE Japanese maple at the new house in the front yard. :-)

    ReplyDelete