Friday, March 14, 2014

Last Stop Before Home.

This is a pic of the Surrey Grand Crowne, which is the resort where we will spend this week.  We are on the 3rd floor of this building, just about 1/4 of the way from the left end.  It's really pretty looking over the woods where there is a walking trail, as well as over the golf course.  (That's probably a golf cart trail, rather than a walking trail?)  I hung the suet out for the birds on the balcony.  I hope they'll find us here.  This morning before we left, the cardinal pair were out on the table chirping and hoping to figure out where their food went!  We got a kick out of watching them, so I sure hope we'll get to watch some here, too.

We were lucky today and got to check in a couple of hours early.  That gave us time to get settled before Trish and the kids got here.  We're exhausted, though.  They are, too, from a busy day at home before a 5 hour drive to get here.  We had supper ready when they got here (pot of chili I had frozen, so all I had to do was heat it).  Lee and I did some grocery shopping before they came.  Trish will go get more groceries tomorrow.  I love spring break with the kids, so this is a great time.  I thank God for the ability to carry on this tradition that we started many years ago.  It's special time.

I'll get pix tomorrow, but we were all too tired tonight.  I was even too tired to play cards when Mason wanted to play.  We'll get around to cards and a puzzle tomorrow, I hope!  Happy spring break, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment