Friday, March 7, 2014

Snow is Gone Except for the Piles.

I got this pic of us on our balcony today.  I really didn't need the vest because it was 61 outside, but I hate to get cold, so I wore it just in case.  Wow, it was a beautiful day and we got to watch lots of birds eating at our feeder; I thought the squirrel would pop eating so much!

Last night turned sour after I posted the blog.  The Thunder lost to the Suns after leading the whole game.  Then I got sick and lost my dinner when I brushed my teeth before bed.  That happens every now and then, so I'm kind of gun shy about eating and about brushing my teeth.  It's not affecting me adversely, though.  It sure could be lots worse.  If I were on chemo I'd likely be losing lots and lots of meals.  I am not on chemo. My treatment plan is an infusion to strengthen my bones every 28 days. They do that because they know the cancer has spread to my bones, so my bones need to be as strong as possible.  I have no ill effects from that infusion.  Over long term it will be hard on my teeth, so I do the very best dental care that I can.

I take a tiny little pill once a day with a meal.  It is supposed to be taken at the same general time each day.  I was taking it in the morning with breakfast, but it made my ankles and feet swell badly, so I started taking it with supper about a month ago.  That works  great to alleviate the swelling issue. One of it's side effects is nausea, though.  I don't get really sick, I just feel like I did when I was pregnant (I never lost a single meal through my pregnancies.):  sick enough to notice and feel the need of a cracker, but not sick enough to actually lose it.  Well, lately I seem to lose it when I brush my teeth. It just happens 2 or 3 times a week.  I can live with that as long as this pill works to keep me ahead of the cancer.  Bless his heart, Lee is such a champ.  It scares him to death and he is so super supportive.

Speaking of Lee, he is doing great with his shingles.  He even suspects that he doesn't have them because he's not suffering like lots of people do.  We are very grateful and thank God for His care of us as we journey through these issues.  With His provisions we will live and be as healthy as possible and very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment