Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Long, Old Street.

This is a pic I got last night before Lee and I left for the Play.  The play was awesome because I knew all the kids.  I was so impressed at how talented they are in ways that I never saw in the classroom. That was one thing that impressed me. The other thing that impressed me is how well I fit into that play!  It was staged in the '50's and was about how offensive rock and roll was to the older generation but how much the kids loved it.  I found that many of the things that were common to them, are STILL common to me.  It sure dated me!  Like they used the terms square and holy cow and the duck tail hair style was in.  I wear my hair in a duck tail to this day and use both those terms regularly!  Anyway, it was a fun night and, as always I'm so proud of our kids!

Today our trip was uneventful.  We had very little sunshine, so didn't have to squint.  It rained in spurts and sometimes downpours, but we were happy to see rain.  Dorothy said we got a few little showers at home.  I guess we get what God thinks we need.  I thank Him for the rain and for a safe trip.  How wonderful it is to be able to come to Doris and Jerry's home when we make this trip!  Family is awesome!

The Shnell family used to gather every year in Hobart at the house that is now ours.  One time one of my great nephews came in and said, "Boy, it's a long, old street to here."  He came from somewhere in the state, but at about 6 that was a long, old street to him.  I bet Jeremy doesn't suspect that we've used his quote many, many times since that year!  Love you, Jeremy!

No comments:

Post a Comment