Monday, April 21, 2014

Barely Holding up my Head for this Game.

Today we didn't have school, so I didn't work.  That means I attempted to squeeze in way too much and missed my nap.  I'm like the walking dead; barely holding my head up to finish this blog, write my journal and see the Thunder through this play off game with Memphis.  At the halftime I'm going to take a bath and wash my hair.  Then when this game is over I'll fall into bed.

I am so blessed; I am not feeling any side effects from this chemo and I so thank God for that.  The last drug I took made me sick and I feel fine, so I'm so grateful!  I just pray that it's working well against the cancer.

My 'smart phone' turned out to not be so smart.  It wouldn't turn on without me plugging in the charger or taking the battery out and replacing it.  I can see me being held up by someone and I call a timeout to plug in my phone or take the battery out and replace it.  Sure.  So, the company is sending me a new phone. However, they sent me the envelope and label to return it to them and THEN they will send me a new one. That means I'll be without a phone for about a week.  UGH.  Then I'll  have to reload everything, so I'll be a while getting my phone in order.  Maybe it's a smart phone, and it makes me feel like it's smarter than me, but at least I'm still kicking and it's headed back to it's maker.

We had to take the phone to Altus (about 35 miles) to send it by Fed Ex.  While we were in Altus we had lunch, shopped at Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree.  I had gone to ladies' Bible class this morning because Sonia, our neighbor and the preacher's daughter was giving a special speech.  I really was so glad to hear it.  She competed in the speech contest at Leadership Training for Christ this weekend in Dallas an won at the gold level; she was giving that winning speech to us, so I was determined to go.  I am so proud of her.  By the time we could leave after Bible class and did all that running around in Altus, I'd missed my nap.  I know better, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

God bless; don't forget to count your blessings and praise God!


No comments:

Post a Comment