Sunday, April 27, 2014

Big Winds, but no Rain or Hail.

I'm so glad that I cut all these irises yesterday because the wind has sure battered the ones in the yard.  We didn't get hail, though, so maybe they won't be totally shredded.

Dorothy  bought our lunch at the Subway today because she was worried about me standing on my feet to prepare a meal.  That's so sweet of her.  I really can do all I need to do, though.  My feet burn and hurt, but I can continue.  My hands are beginning to tingle and burn, but they don't hurt as bad as my feet do.  That may come, but for now I'm doing fine.  It's funny:  I used to love my crocs and any shoes that have little bumps that are supposed to stimulate the feet.  Those little bumps are treacherous to me, now!  I've gone through all my shoes and picked out the ones that have very smooth insole.  Times change!

Tomorrow Lee has to have 3 teeth pulled in OKC.  I'm going with him to drive him home.  I don't test, again, until Tuesday.  That day I work only until noon, then we go to Lawton for my treatment and for an appointment with the doctor.  It's a busy week for us, but I thank God that we can handle busy times.

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh..your house looks like a florist shop. I'm really glad you picked them too, I know what wind can do to an iris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, it smells so good, too. I'm really enjoying them. I have another big arrangement on the bar. When we get home from OKC tomorrow I'll go out and deadhead the ones that have taken such a beating. There are lots that haven't bloomed, yet, so I should have some more good cuttings in the future. I'm richly blessed!

    ReplyDelete