Thursday, April 24, 2014

Front Planter Boxes


We bought sweet potato vines to plant in these planter boxes, but it's a little too early to plant them.  I'm nurturing them in the 'Florida room' until May 1.  Then I'll plant them and post a pic once they fill the boxes. These planter boxes get almost no water; even when it rains, they are under the roof, but I've buried plastic bottles with holes in them to help me keep them moist.  Last  year they did really well with sweet potato vines.  These plants that are in there, now are 'live forever.'  They are very hardy and will have pretty blooms on them in the fall after the sweet potato vines die.  I'm having fun with these boxes and plants.  There were more irises than I could count blooming today.  I brought in another bunch for a big arrangement on the dining room table.  I just love it when the irises bloom!  I thank God for the pleasure I get from these flowers!

We had an MRI done on my head today.  I won't have the results until I see the oncologist on next Tuesday. They want to keep a close eye on my head since they know the cancer is in my skull; we want to keep it from going to the brain if at all possible.  I trust God to see to it that if it goes to the brain it will go to a part that I'm not using.  God is good and He holds us in his arms; I count on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment