Thursday, April 10, 2014

Ho Hum.

She's one tired little old lady.  I couldn't make this pic be any better.  I took it last night, but I still feel that tired today.  It's just tired.  I really feel okay; just tired.  Yesterday Lee and I worked out in the yard all day and I took this pic before church while he was cleaning up.  He did a WONDERFUL job of trimming our crepe myrtles!  Doris had told me several years ago that they called that crepe murder where she lives, so I quit trimming mine.  They were all scrappy looking, though!  Then we were at their house and they'd trimmed theirs!  (Doris wasn't so proud of it, though.)  That was good enough for me, mine got a good murdering. Lee is afraid he killed them, but I assured him they will bloom and be so happy.  They look a ton better, already.  Anyway, he did all the hard part and I stacked up all the branches in the alley and pulled weeds as he worked.  It was a great day of working outside, but it whipped this little lady.

Today Lee had to get up at 5 to get to OKC for an early appointment with his dentist.  I was scheduled to sub, and then had the appointment with the oncologist in Lawton this afternoon.  My day was the easiest sub day I've ever had.  The kids were excused to go to the baseball games if they wanted to, and the ones that didn't want to wanted to work, so I had no problems!  My last class, they ALL went to the game, so I got to come home an hour early and get a nap before Lee got home to take me to Lawton.

When we got home, he sat down in his chair and said, "It feels so good to be sitting in something that's not moving!  Bless his heart!

I learned from the oncologist that my drugs have to come from a specialty pharmacy since they are heavy duty chemo.  I will receive them sometime in the next few days.  I will take 3 in the morning and 3 at night, with meals for 14 days.  Then I take 7 days of and start the whole thing, again.  I have to see the oncologist on the first day of starting the cycle over, again, to make sure I'm still strong enough to take it.  Lee says I'm tough as an old boot, so we expect I'll do fine on this chemo.  If not, then there are still other things to do. I thank God for my strength and for the options that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment