Monday, April 28, 2014

I Didn't Notice!

I didn't notice last night that the flower arrangement behind me in this pic was cut from the pic.  I don't know why that happened, but I'm posting it, again, so you can see all three arrangements.  These are in the dining room and there is another big on on the bar between the dining room and the kitchen.  I am so enjoying these flowers!  After we got home from OKC today I went out and deadheaded all the irises.  I so thank God for this rich blessing!

Lee did really well with his teeth this morning.  They were done with him and we were headed home by 11 this morning, so we got home around 1.  I got a good nap, so that's a good thing.  He can't eat anything except jello and yogurt, so I've made him a bunch of jello and we had some yogurt.  Tomorrow we'll get some applesauce for him.  His eating is not much fun, but my chores in the kitchen are sure minor, too.

I've been itching like crazy and it's getting worse and worse.  It finally registered with me that this is another side effect of the Xeloda.  From the waist up I have this rash that really itches.  I've been putting hydrocortisone on it and that helps for a while.  The benedryl I take for allergies is probably keeping me from going itch crazy, too.  I thought I was getting by pretty easy with the side effects, but they are starting to pile up on me.  I'm so grateful that I'm not sick at my stomach and I still have hair.  If my hair falls out, I can deal with that; been there and done that and I know I can do it, again, if I must.  The side effects I have so far are the hand and foot syndrome (feet are the worst) and the dermatitis.  So far I'm able to function even with these side effects, so I give thanks and praise to God!

I figured out why the flowers over my left shoulder were cut from the pic.  I had checked to make the pic be X-large and in my rough draft it showed the whole pic, but in the final draft it was cropped.  It happened, again, on tonight's post, so I went with only a large pic.  I wanted you to see all the irises!

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope your dr in Layton has help for your side effects...is a different chemo not in the picture? I am so sorry you are having these difficulties--you certainly don't deserve them, but God is in control! Love you so much and miss you both! Glad Lee had good luck with his teeth. Your iris are beautiful...we just had ours dug up, it hurt too bad to keep the beds clean. darn ole arthritis! We are going on a cruise June 21 to July 5, East and Western Caribbean, wanna go? Good luck this afternoon with your dr visit! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda, it would be so fun to go on the cruise with you, but we'll have to pass until I get my dosage right and these side effects under control. I know you will have a wonderful time! We'll take a raincheck, okay? Love and miss you both. Don't worry; I'll be fine. Lee is doing well with his teeth issues. God is good!

    ReplyDelete