Monday, April 7, 2014

Plan C Coming up Tomorrow.

This is a pic I got tonight of my awesome great nephew stacking cups; is he ever good at this!!!  In the background are his little brother, his Daddy, Jerry, Doris and Lee.  He put on quite a show for us. Luke is a first grader, about to turn 7.  He's also a great athlete.  He has hit 3 or 4 home runs already this year!  I am so amazed at him!

That was the best part of the day.  I was stuck and prodded all day at MD Anderson and one of the girls let me see the results of my blood work.  It was all good except the cancer marker and it was way high for what it has been and should be.  It was 198.  Back in January it was in the 80's.  The lowest it's ever been is 52.  The highest it's ever been was 287 this time last year.  So, I'm sure when we see the doc tomorrow we will be looking at another treatment plan.  I don't think this is a big hairy deal, because I am still doing really well, but we want to get this number to go down.  This is just like a detour in our journey.  I thank God that I have a good place to turn for help in getting this under control.  I thank Him for awesome family to stay with and to encourage me.  Tomorrow, Doris will go with us to see the doc.  We're planning to come home on Wednesday unless something the doc recommends hinders that.

I didn't get a nap today.  Then both sets of Doris and Jerry's grandkids came over to visit this afternoon. It's been a wonderful day, but I'm so ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment