Saturday, April 26, 2014

This is Pretty Much Magical to Me!




The irises are really showing out today, and I'm so thrilled with them.  I have 3 huge arrangements in the dining room.  It smells and looks like a funeral parlor in there; I love it!  I'd much rather have the flowers now than when I'm gone!  The top two pix are beds in the front yard and the bottom two are beds in the back yard.  Those green things that look like weeds are weed to farmers, but I'm not a farmer.  They are larkspur and the hummingbirds and I love them.  They'll bloom after the irises are done.

I got all carried away today and planted okra and loofahs.  I think we will be here most of the summer, so I should be able to take care of them.  Oh, man, I love the okra, too.  The loofahs are just fun to watch grow. They'll grow up the trellis you see on the bottom picture.  I have another one of those on the other side of the back yard.  God is blessing me with rich flowers and the will to play with them.  Praise Him!

I wanted to post this early because the Thunder is playing Memphis tonight and I can't miss a minute of it. Besides I was all excited to show you the irises in bloom!  I'll take pix of the bouquets in the dining room and post that another day.  We also went to the park today and got great pics of the herons, too.  It's been a great. fun day for me.  Do my feet still burn?  YES, but they are no worse and my head and side aren't hurting at all; that makes me think the chemo is doing it's job.  I can learn to walk on hot coals if we can just beat this cancer!  Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment